Season’s grrreetings, San Diegans! Prepare to unleash the holiday cheer through the streets of Downtown San Diego with your furry friends! The 9th Annual San Diego Union-Tribune Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade presented by VCA Market Street Animal Hospital returns on Sunday, December 11, 2016. All pet owners and their furry, feathered, and scaled companions are invited to don their favorite costumes and put their best paw, wing, and fin forward for this jolly promenade and pet expo, which starts and ends at MLK Promenade Park, adjacent to the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (401 K Street, San Diego, CA 92101) at Fourth Avenue and K Street.
Entry to participate in the Pet Parade is just $15 per pet in advance, and $20 on the day of the event,
Day-of registration and check-in will begin at 12:30pm. Guests are encouraged to register in advance as space in the Parade is limited and will fill up fast. For more information, please visit www.holidaypetparade.com
- Festive, family-friendly parade through the Gaslamp Quarter for jolly pets and their two-legged families steps off at 3:00PM
- Free pet expo featuring 25+ pet-related products and services at Hilton Gaslamp Park from 1:00 – 5:00PM
- Free live music and entertainment will be on the stage
- The first 300 Pet Paraders to register will receive a complimentary goodie bag filled with pet-related product samples, gifts, and special offers from Gaslamp Quarter businesses
- Nine costume categories for you, your pet, and your family to compete in
- The winner of Best in Show will be invited to lead the 2017 Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade as Grand Marshal!
Contest Rules- Each entry is automatically eligible for a chance to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place of one of The Contest Categories. Winners will be selected and announced at the Pet Parade Awards Ceremony presented by Doozydog! Club & San Diego Humane Society immediately following the Pet Parade at MLK Promenade Park. Judges’ decision is final. Contestants must visit the judging panel between 1:00 – 2:30pm to be considered.
- Best Ugly Holiday Sweater- presented by Doozydog! Club- This category is open to pets and humans alike
- Cutest Critter- Self-Explanatory- This award is given to the pet deemed most aww-inspiring at the Pet Parade
- Best Pet Costume- Awarded to the most all-around creative and elaborate pet costume. This award is for costumes of all types, whether it be festive, sports-themed, kooky or scary.
- Best Pet Costume (non-canine)- Awarded to the best all-around creative and elaborate non-canine pet costume
- Best Pet Holiday Costume- Awarded to the pet donning the most festive costume at the Pet Parade. All costumes are welcome at the Parade, but only those specifically celebrating the holidays are eligible to win this award.
- Best Costumed Duo- Awarded to the best costumed duo, whether pet-and-pet or pet-and-pet-owner
- Best Costumed Group- (3 or more)- Awarded to the best costumed group of three or more in the Pet Parade. Get the whole family involved!
- Best Wildlife Costume- “Pets Gone Wild” promoting SD Humane Society’s new “Project Wildlife Program”
- Best Costumed Adopted Pet- If your pet came into your home from any rescue, you get a button signifying your pet is adopted and can be entered in this category
- Best in Show- (opportunity to be Grand Marshall at next year’s event) – Awarded to the absolute show-stopping, best costume of the Pet Parade. This award is given to the best of the best, and the winner is invited to join us and lead at next year’s 10th Annual Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade on Sunday, December
For Each Category
1st place- trophy- Certificate for 7 Day’s of Consecutive Complimentary Daycare ($252 Value) Doozydog! Club
2nd place – ribbon- certificate for “weekend Getaway”- 2 nights of Dog Boarding ($104 Value) Doozydog! Club
3rd Place- ribbon- certificate for Bath and Brush with Blueberry Facial ($60 Value) Doozydog! Club